Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Astral Traveling" by Pharoah Saunders




Thank goodness for my Sagittarianess for quick boredom... I got so bored about worrying about ailments I've had this year which sends me to the doctor, that the boredom has created a new path of seeing. How exciting!

Hypochondria matched with a year of loved ones passing, and my favorite aunt whom I heard yesterday, was diagnosed with a malignant tumor, plus a panicked sense of Time (seeing age in my parents), sent me down a nervous path where a fear of death ruled. I thought it through and through, I meditated, did different things to let go...it all helped... I knew better than to worry, but still, I worried. And ow! Does that worry hurt! It aches in the stomach. It tugs at my breath, squeezing my chest. It takes away restful sleep and loose shoulders. This worry exacerbates the original ailment I'm worrying about. This worry has me questioning faith. Thank goodness for my daily yogic and creative adventuring... they bring me back to center, and give me flight. But this worry bubbles in my subconscious, a volcano erupting in the depths of the ocean.

This evening, recounting such joy and wonderment of all the amazing things I learned today, through participation, observation, conversation... connected to growth and discoveries of the last few years... it dawned on me, and it stuck... why can't death also be an extension of my personality? Why can't I endow it with all the attributes of how specifically, I see and experience life on a daily basis! An endless journey of learning, curiosity, adventure, play, a dance, a song, a kaleidoscope of colors and smells, so many amazing things that keep expanding... can I apply it to death as well?

I am of the belief that in life, our filter, the outlook we choose to take on life, is what we see. The seer is what is seen. "God is what we make it," as the saying goes. And thus, who's to say we can't choose that as how we make our final journey through this body and beyond? So I have decided tonight, that I will now literally define death as an adventure, with all the joy that an adventure holds! The passion, joy and fascination I have for learning and experiencing this world, is also what death's journey is. Let's give it up for astral traveling! Close your eyes and listen to Pharoah. Let the pied piper take you on this sonic journey. Click here if music box doesn't show up above.

No comments: