Monday, May 18, 2009

Guruji Pattabhi Jois


Today Guruji Pattabhi Jois passed away at the age of 94. I sit here in remembrance of the time, all too short, I was able to study Ashtanga Yoga with him in Mysore, India, in 2002. Always wanted to go back for an extended period of time, but "life just happened." I thought I would finally get to go back this year, but it was time for Guruji to go. He has generously and compassionately touched the lives of thousands of people and lives on through his students who continue his tradition. I want to dedicate today to all the great teachers I have been blessed to have had, overseas, in New York, those who wear the guru hat, as well as people and animals in my life who I've learn so much from, who enable me to experience this life more fully and more beautifully than I would without them. Namaskar to all my Guruji's.

No comments: